Akash Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship
The Akash Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship Fund are given in the memory of Akash Jacob Kuruvilla who looked towards his life with complete positivity. A flowering personality, Akash was a person who touched lives of many with his smile and going out of the way to help and make a difference in the lives of many.
The Akash Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship Fund is awarded annually to one male and one female, it doesn’t matter what field of study they are in.
- High school seniors entering college or university as a full time student for the first time and have a GPA of atleast 3.5 on a scale 4.0
- Must have GPA of atleast 3.0 on a 4.0 sale for those returning to a college or university as an undergraduate student
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university as a full time undergraduate student in the fall of 2010
For more information regarding the scholarship and application refer to the website: http://www.akmsf.com/criteria.php
Along with the application you need to submit:
- An essay of 750 words answering the question “What does the phrase The American Dream” mean to you and how do you embody the American Dream
- Personal statement of 500 words including academic/professional goals, financial need and other information that will help your selection
- Two letters of recommendation, one from (educator, coach, employer, supervisor, etc) and other from a know person or friend whose life you have influenced
- Official copy of academic transcript
- A copy of FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Copy of resume
The complete application along with the supporting material must be submitted to to the AKMSF committee No later than June 1, 2010. The scholarship amount is $ 1,000.
The application packet must reach the following address:
Akash Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship Fund
PO Box 140900
Gainesville FL 32614-0900