American Association On Health & Disability Scholarship
American Association On Health & Disability was founded in order to contribute their efforts to prevent additional health complications in people with disabilities. They are active in all national, state and local level and working out strategies to reduce the effect of secondary conditions and health disparities between people with disabilities and general population.
Started in 2009 AAHD Scholarship Program has been designed for the students with disabilities and are willing to pursue higher education in the field of public health, health promotion, disability studies, disability policy and disability research.
- Must be a US Citizen or legal resident living in US and enrolled in or accepted by an accredited US four year university or a graduate school on full time basis.
- Must have documented disability and provide proof for the same
- Must be a high school graduate
- Students majoring in public health, disability studies health promotion or a field related to disability and health will be first on the priority list.
For application and other necessary details log on to: http://www.aahd.us/page.php?pname=Scholarship%20Program
Along with the application you need to submit:
- Personal statement of three pages giving brief personal history, educational/career goals, extracurricular activities and a reason why they should be selected by AAHD Scholarship Committee
- Three letters of recommendation (one must be from a teacher or advisor)
- An official copy of college transcript
The winners will receive $ 1,000 each scholarship amount. Applicant must agree to allow AAHD to use their name, picture and/or story in future scholarship materials.
Send your complete application packet to: firstname.lastname@example.org and must reach the concerned authority no later than November 15, 2010
Categories: Scholarship For Disabled, Scholarships