Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship Program
Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship is strictly meant for Maryland veterans and Military Family Members enrolled in online colleges, campus based academic universities, vocational schools, technical colleges or training programs within the state.
- The applicant or Veteran must be a resident of Maryland
- Applicant must be a son or daughter of a veteran who died or became 100 percent disabled as a result of military service.
- Must be a veteran with 25 percent or more of disability as a result of direct military service and you must be either exhausted or become no longer eligible for Federal educational benefits for veterans
- Must be a son, daughter or non married widow or widower of the victim who lost his life in September 11, 2001 terrorist attack.
- Must be son, daughter or surviving spouse of a state or local public safety employee or volunteer who died or 100 percent disabled in the line of duty.
For the application and other necessary details you need to refer the following sites: http://www.mhec.state.md.us/financialaid/ProgramDescriptions/prog_conroy.asp & http://www.financialaid.umd.edu/scholarships/conroy.html
Along with the application you need to submit:
- Sons and daughters whose parents died or rendered 100 percent disabled, Pow/MIA of the Vietnam Conflict, deceased public safety employee or volunteer or deceased victim of September 11, 2001 terrorist attack must produce a copy of birth certificate showing names of both the parents. The copy can be procured from State Department of Vital Records.
- Spouse of deceased public safety employee or volunteer or of deceased victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack must produce a copy of marriage certificate
- Verification certificate to show the percentage of disability
- Verification certificate of death or 100 percent disability as a result of military or on duty as public safety employee or volunteer
The scholarship amount varies depending on the funds. The complete application and all the other necessary attachment must reach the authority no later than July 15, 2010 to:
University of Maryland
Office of Student Financial Aid
0102 Lee Building
College Park, MD 20742
Categories: Military Scholarship