George J. Mitchell Scholarship For Post Graduate Study In Ireland
Established in 1998 the George J. Mitchell Scholarship is named in honor of the former United States Senator. The main purpose of the scholarship is to bridge the gap between the future American leaders and the island of Ireland. Of all the entries received 12 candidates will be chosen to be the winners of this scholarship.
The recipient can use the scholarship money for tuition, housing, living expenses, stipend and an international travel stipend. 12 students will get an opportunity to study at an Irish University for 1 year. The scholarship will help you to pursue your one year master’s degree in any discipline.
- Must be citizen of United States Of America
- Must be 18 years of age and above but not yet 30 on October 1, 2010 of the year he or she is applying
- Must be a bachelor’s degree holder from an accredited college or university
More information regarding the scholarship and other necessary details log on to http://www.us-irelandalliance.org/wmspage.cfm?parm1=441. For application you need to refer the same site. Along with the application you need to submit the following documents:
- Proof of US Citizenship in the form of passport or birth certificate
- Academic transcript
- A personal essay of 1,000 words
- Full time students must submit an institutional endorsement (applicable for full time undergraduate, graduate or professional students)
- For full time students only two letters of recommendations required (from a person with who the candidate has done academic work)
- For those who are not full time students need to submit five recommendation letters but do not require institutional endorsement
The George J Mitchell Scholarship program offers $ 12,000 each to the recipient. The applications are to be send online and must reach the concerned authority till October 5, 2010. This is the national date for the submission of the application
Categories: International Scholarships, Scholarships