Go! Opportunities Grant
The Arkansas Department of Higher Education works for the development of each publicly supported colleges and universities in the Arkansas and to promote a coordinated system of higher education. In short it aims at improving the quality of higher education for all Arkansans.
The Go! Opportunities Grant is a need based and state-funded college grant program for full time as well as part time college freshmen. The full time students will receive $ 1,000 award amount and for the part time is $500 .
Those who complete 12 semester credit hours for the first fall semester and 15 semester credit hours thereafter will be considered as full time student whereas those who complete 6 semester credit hours will be considered as part time students.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Must be a resident of Arkansas for the 12 months prior to application for the grant
- Must be currently enrolled or approved in an institution of higher education
- Must be enrolled in a program of study that leads to a baccalaureate degree-baccalaureate degree program, associate degree programs, qualified certificate programs, and nursing school diplomas which require concurrent college enrollment
- Must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Certificate approving the applicant as drug free
The grant can be renewed annually but will be granted if the student
- Maintains 2.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the school & ADHE
- Demonstrates continuing financial need, as determined by FAFSA
For further details refer to the site http://www.adhe.edu/divisions/financialaid/Pages/fa_gogrant.aspx. The deadline for the application is November 1, 2010