Jewish Guild For The Blind Guild Scholar Program
The Jewish Guild for Blind is a non-profit, non-sectarian agency that works for visually impaired, blind and multidisabled people. The Guild is involved in many activities to support the visually impaired through various means. It also supports the blind students financially.
- Proof of U.S Citizen required in the form of passport, birth certificate, naturalization papers, or proof of legal residency
- Proof of legal blindness (confirming statement from state rehabilitation agency, an ophthalmologist or an optometrist)
- Applicant must be a student of accredited college or recognized by the Council of Higher Education
The application and other necessary details are given in the website: http://www.jgb.org/guildscholar.asp?GS=TRue. The application needs to be sent online which is available in this link: http://www.jgb.org/candidate_add.asp.
Along with the application you need to attach the following documents:
- Copies of school transcript
- Scores of SAT and/or ACT results
- Three recommendation letters (two letters must refer to the candidate’s academic skills, each letter should have the name, address and telephone number of the recommender)
- Two personal statements of not more than 500 words
For additional information, please contact: Gordon Rovins: 212-769-7801 or firstname.lastname@example.org
12 to 16 applicants will be awarded the scholarship of $ 15,000 each. The application must reach the concerned authority no later than September 15, 2010
Categories: Scholarship For Blind, Scholarships