Kevin Child Scholarship
Kevin Child Scholarship is a loving gesture for those students living with Hemophilia and want to continue their further studies. Kevin himself was a sufferer from Hemophilia and the daunting challenges posed by this disease never deterred him from continuing his studies.
His battle for life ended, few days shot of his graduation from college but his desire that every hemophilia affected child should get an opportunity for education continues through his Kevin Child Scholarship Program.
For Kevin Child Scholarship you need to be :
- Diagnosed with hemophilia A or B
- Must be a high school senior and desire to attend an institute of higher education (college, university or vocational-technical school ) or already a college student pursuing a post secondary education.
If you feel you are the righful candidate just refer to the site: http://www.hemophilia.org/NHFWeb/MainPgs/MainNHF.aspx?menuid=54&contentid=35 which gives complete and descriptive information about the scholarship and application form. Along with the complete application form you also need to send:
- a current official transcrip of the grades
- recommendation letter from an individual not related to the applicant-you can take it from your teacher.
- One page essay describing about your occupational objectives and goals in life. How will the educational program you have planned meet the objectives you described?
The application must be postmarked no later than June 1, 2010 and should be sent to following address:
Nava Hopkins – KCS
HANDI-Information Resource Center
Natinal Hemophilia Foundation
116 West 32nd Street, 11th Floor
New York , NY 10001-3212
Phone: 800.42.Handi ext. 3750
Or contact: Mary Child Smoot
Categories: Scholarship For Bleeding Disorders, Scholarships