Minority Scholarship Awards For College Students
American Institute Of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)is a global professional community with over 40,000 chemical engineers as members from 93 countries. AIChE helps the members with necessary tools to manage their career and their lives.
They have several scholarship programs for its members and one of them is Minority Scholarship Awards For College Students.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate in chemical engineering during 2010-2011 academic years
- Applicant must belong to minority group that are underrepresented in chemical engineering-African-American, Hispanic, Native American & Alaska Native.
- The applicant must maintain GPA minimum of 3.0/4.0
- Must be Member of American Institute Of Chemical Engineers
- Demonstrate financial need
Individuals will be awarded $ 1,000 as a full academic year scholarship. For more details and the application log on to http://www.aiche.org/Students/Awards/MinorityScholarshipAwardsStudent.aspx.
Along with the application, the applicant needs to submit:
- An essay of not more than 300 words
- Official transcript of college grades
- A letter from college financial aid office indicating that the student is eligible for the financial aid based on their records
- Letter of recommendation (AIChE student chapter advisor, department chair, chemical engineering faculty member)
The completed applications along with all the necessary documents need to be e-mailed to MACSCHOLARSHIP@AICHE.ORG .
For help and guidance you can contact:
AIChE, 3 Park Avenue
19th Fllor, New York, NY 10016
Phone: (646) 495-1331; Fax: (646) 495-1503;
Application Deadline: May 30, 2010
Categories: Scholarship For American Indians, Scholarships