Minority Scholarship Awards For Incoming College Freshmen
American Institute Of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)is a global professional community with over 40,000 chemical engineers as members from 93 countries. AIChE helps the members with necessary tools to manage their career and their lives.
They have several scholarship programs for its members and one of them is Minority Scholarship Awards For Incoming College Freshmen.
- Applicant must belong to minority group that are underrepresented in chemical engineering-African-American, Hispanic, Native American & Alaska Native.
- Must be a high school seniors for the academic year of 2009-2010
- Planning to enroll in an accredited college or university for four years science/engineering degree for the academic year of 2010-11
- The applicant must maintain GPA minimum of 3.0/4.0
AIChE offers ten scholarships annually, $ 1,000 each. To get this opportunity one needs to submit the application and other necessary documents to the concerned authority for consideration.
The application is available on the following link: http://www.aiche.org/Students/Awards/MinorityScholarshipAwardsIncomingFreshmen.aspx
An Application Packet must include:
- An essay of 300 words on the given topic
- Verification letter from guardian/parents regarding financial need
- Letter of recommendation (high school counselor, math
- Teacher or science teacher)
The completed applications along with all the necessary documents need to be e-mailed to MACSCHOLARSHIP@AICHE.ORG.
For help and guidance you can contact:
AIChE, 3 Park Avenue
19th Fllor, New York, NY 10016
Phone: (646) 495-1331; Fax: (646) 495-1503;
Application Deadline: May 30, 2010
Categories: Scholarship For American Indians, Scholarships