PAF’s Scholarship For Survivors 2010
Patient Advocate Foundation works to support patients with chronic, life threatening illness and assists them with Medical Debt Crisis, Insurance Access Issues and Job Retention Issues. It also provides monetary help to cancer survivors in the form of scholarship for students to pursue their education.
The applicant must be under 25 years of age and a survivor or a patient diagnosed with cancer or any other critical illness. The application is available at : http://www.patientadvocate.org/events.php?p=69,
Every column in the application must be filled correctly and completely and must include following details and documents:
- An essay of 1,000 words on how their diagnosis has impacted their lives and their future goals
- Copy of acceptance letter from the college, university, or vocational-technical school planning to attend.
- Letter from your oncologist stating your medical history
- Two letters of recommendation from non-related persons
- Official high school or college transcript
- Copy of first two pages of tax returns
The scholarship amount is $ 1000 each and will be send directly to the college, university or vocational training school and the authorities will manage the funds for you.
Deadline: April 12, 2010
Categories: Cancer Survivor Scholarship, Scholarships