Ryan Mullay Second Chance Scholarship 2010
The Ryan Mullaly Second Chance Fund is a non-profit organization offering scholarships to young people who are battling for life from the life threatening disease cancer. It becomes the pressing need for the cancer patients to spend time more in hospitals and less in school or other extra curricular activities. Also the financial burden adds to the woes of the families.
The Ryan Mullaly Second Chance Scholarship is a blessing for such children and their families who are affected emotionally and financially. With this scholarship the candidate can pursue education while undergoing treatment.
- Must be citizen or permanent resident of United States Of America
- Diagnosed with cancer or recurrence of cancer between age 13 and graduation
- Underwent treatment of cancer while in high school
- Has the history of treatment –chemotherapy and radiation or both
- Must be 22 or younger
- Currently enrolled in a college for 2 year or 4 year Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree and in an accredited post secondary vocational or trade programs
Each winner will receive the award of $ 1,000. Those who are currently undergoing treatment, with permanent effects from the treatment and are just beginning their posts-high school education are given first priority. The candidate needs to produce proof of diagnosis and treatment fro their oncologist.
For more information you can write to:
Ryan Mullaly Second Chance Fund
26 Meadow Lane Penington NJ -08534
Application is available on the following link : http://www.ryans2dchancefund.org/id3.html
Deadline: May 31, 2010
Categories: Cancer Survivor Scholarship, Scholarships