SMART Scholarship for Service
SMART (The Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation) is a bright opportunity for students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics disciplines. Brain child of Department of Defence, SMART came to being with the sole aim to bring maximum number of civilian scientists and engineers to work with DoD laboratories.
- Must be U.S Citizens
- 18 years or older as of August 1, 2010
- Excellent academic performance with minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0
- Willing to participate in summer internships at DoD laboratories
- Willing to accept post-graduate employment with DoD
- Undergraduate student s must be currently enrolled in a regionally accredited U.S college or University and have a high school Diploma/GED
- Graduate students currently enrolled in a regionally accredited U.S College or University or awaiting admission
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the following disciplines: Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, Biosciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry,Civil Engineering , Geosciences, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Information Sciences,Materials Sciences and Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architectureand Ocean Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Oceanography, Operations Research, Physics
The recipients will get stipend (ranging from $ 22,500to $ 38,000per year) full tuition, health coverage, book allowance of $ 1,000 and other education expenses. The complete information regarding the scholarship has been furnished at : http://www.asee.org/smart .
You have any question in your mind regarding the scholarship you can mail your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications are accepted from mid-August to mid December. The Application deadline is December 15, 2010
Categories: Scholarships, Science & Technology Scholarships