Society Of Neuroscience Jacob P. Waletzky Award 2010
The Society Of Neuroscience (SFN) is a non-profit membership organization run by scientists and physicians who study the brain and nervous system. It also offers monetary help to those who are pursuing their higher studies related to brain and nervous system.
The Society for Neuroscience offers The Jacob P. Waletzky Award to those who are scientist and have conducted research or are planning to conduct research in the area of substance and the brain and the nervous system. The award amount is $ 25, 000 and is presented to the eligible candidate.
- Candidate must be active in research at the time of award given
- Must have received a Ph. D or MD or equivalent within past 15 years
- Nomination must be made or endorsed by an SFN Member
- Those nominated not necessarily be an SFN Member
- Self-nomination is not permitted
- No one person can nominate more than one
The application packet must have:
- An essay of not more than 500 words mentioning the future goals and the direction of the applicant’s planned research in the area of substance abuse and the brain and the nervous system
- Nomination letter and two recommendation letters
- Current CV
- A list of 12 most important publications authored or co-authored by the nominee
- The date of advanced degree awarded.
For more information or details regarding the award either log on to http://www.sfn.org/index.cfm?pagename=fellowshipandawards_waletzky or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org