STARFLEET Scholarship Program
All the scholarships issued by the Starfleet are only applicable for its members who are attending community colleges, four year colleges, most technical schools, junior colleges and universities or graduate school.
The scholarships are awarded are several fields of study and interests. For the academic year 2010-2011 10 scholarship have been announced of which nine mention the specific areas of study whereas one is a general scholarship
The scholarship amount is $ 500 and is applicable to any scholarship you apply for:
DeForest Kelley/Dr. Leonard McCoy Memorial Medical Scholarship: Students enrolled enrolled in medical studies and encompasses Nursing school, physical therapy, pre-med, EMT-paramedic, surgical technicians and biomedical technicians.
James Doohan/Montgomery Scott Memorial Engineering Scholarship: students related to any field of science of engineering are eligible.
Patrick Stewart Scholarship for the Performing Arts: students who are studying acting, dance, music or skills and training related to media are eligible.
George Takei International Studies Scholarship: for those who want to study foreign languages or studies abroad.
Armin Shimerman Scholarship for Profitable Business: is meant for business and management studies.
Marina Sirtis Veterinary Science Scholarship: this scholarship is meant for veterinary medicine and related fields.
LeVar Burton Educational Scholarship: it is for those who want to take up teacher’s education
Gene Roddenberry Memorial Scholarship for Aspiring Writers: this scholarship is meant for those who aspire to become writes
The Law & Order Scholarship: for those studying law enforcement.
Space Explorers’ Memorial Scholarship: A general duty scholarship applies to all fields of study
Allpication for the above mentioned scholarships and other necessary details have been furnished at: http://www.sfi.org/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122&Itemid=117.
Along with the scholarship application the applicant needs to submit following documents:
- A two page personal essay on
- Why are you applying for this scholarship?
- What Starfleet activities are you involved in?
- In what other extracurricular activities do you participate (academic, athletic, interscholastic, non-Starfleet interests, career related, volunteer opportunities)?
- A brief employment history
- Three letters of recommendation with signatures (it can be from teachers, administrators, guidance counselors, academic, advisors, professors, employers, community, other volunteer leaders, or STARFLEET leaders i.e your CO, section chief, RC, EC member, or other ranking member of the organization)
The applications for any of the scholarship must reach the concerned authority no later than june 30, 2010. You can either mail it to email@example.com or send it to:
Reed Bates Director
STARFLEET Scholarship program,
424 Centerbrook PL
Round Rock, TX 78665-1453