The Ron Brown Scholar Program
The Ron Brown Scholars Program is given in the honor of Ronald H. Brown a late Secretary of Commerce, who dedicated his life for public service. The scholarship is for African American Students with the aim to provide them the opportunity to take education from some of the best universities and colleges of the country.
The scholarship is for outstanding students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Must be U.S Citizen or a permanent resident of US
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership potential
- Actively involved in community service
- Show financial need
- Must be African American High School Senior
Students from any discipline can apply for this scholarship. Of all the applicants 20 will be chosen, who will receive $10,000 award annually for four years to attend an accredited four year college or university of their choice.
More information regarding scholarship, application and other necessary details are given at http://www.ronbrown.org/Apply.aspx. If you have any queries send your questions to email@example.com .
Along with the application you need to attach following documents:
- Essay of not more than 500 words
- Two recommendation letters from known people
- Official transcript with most current semester courseload and school profile with application materials.
Send the complete application packet to:
Ron Brown Scholar Program
1160 Pepsi Place, Suite 206,
Charlottesville, VA 22901
The application deadline is: November 1, 2010 & January 9, 2011
Categories: African American Scholarship, Scholarships