- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
Grant Information For Illinois Colleges
Whether you are interested in studying for healthcare or for engineering studies, the state of Illinois provides you with ample number of grants and scholarships to cover for your much required financial needs. Several grants are available from multiple sources including state government as well as private sectors. You just need to know how to get one of these grants.
Some of the important grants that the state offers to the students are, Higher Education License Plate Program which is a grant for $1000 to $2000, Illinois College Savings Bond Bonus Incentive Grant for $40 to $440 and the Silas Purnell Illinois Incentive for Access Program, a grant for $500 awarded to almost 19000-22000 undergraduate students each year.
Listed below are a few other important grants provided by the state of Illinois:
- Illinois General Assembly Scholarship : This grant is administered by the state representative or senator, with the terms and conditions varrying from region to region. Under this program, you may also be eligible for the Merit Recognition Scholarship, which takes into consideration your high school standardized exams.
- Illinois Dollars for Scholars Organization : Through this organization, funds are provided to schools and universities in need of funding. These funds are collected from sponsoring corporations and wealthy philanthropists. This localized grant proves extremely useful for students who genuinely need additional financial assistance.
- Minority Teachers of Illinois Scholarship Program : This grant facility is especially for the minority students who are interested in teaching and who maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher. The grant amount is up to $5000 per academic year.
- Illinois National Guard Grant Program : Awarded to nearly 2000-3000 undergraduate students, the grant award is for an amount of $1300 to $1700.
- Illinois Student-to-Student Program of Matching Grants : This grant is for an amount of $300 to $1000 and is offered to about 2000-4000 undergraduate students attending some college in the state of Illinois.
For More Information visit : Grants by State