- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
How To Apply For Student Loans
At such times, it may be beneficial for the students to have a guide, informing them about the standard application procedure.
Listed here are some tips that the students can use while applying for a student loan:
- Understand the loan application procedure : The first and foremost requirement for any student, is to have a basic understanding of the application process. For this, the students may refer a financial aid or guidance councellor.
- Consider various loan opportunities : There are numerous loan types available for the students like, PLUS loans, Stafford loans and other federal loans. It is very important that you consider all loan opportunities before choosing the best one, since you may possibly be eligible for more than one of these.
- Complete the FAFSA form : A major prerequisite for every student applying for a loan is to complete the FAFSA form. Unless you fill out this form, you may not be able to fill the Master Promissory Note i.e. the student loan application.
- Attend the Entrance Councelling : Every student borrowing a loan is required to complete the Entrance Councelling. In this session you are informed about your rights and responsibilities as a recipient of student loan.
- Apply and follow up : Once you have decided upon the loan you want to apply for, send the application for further consideration. However, your work does not stop here. You need to keep a track of your loan before, during and after your schooling, to ensure that things are going as per your plans.