- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
Grant Information for Maryland Colleges
Maryland is one state where you can get all types of grants to fulfill your academic needs. Some of these grants are conditional while others are merit-based or need-based. Depending upon your requirements, you can apply for any one or more of these grants.
The Higher Education Commission of Maryland offers several useful need-based and merit-based scholarships. Here are a few of the grants that the state offers to its residents:
- Sharon Christa McAuliffe Memorial Teacher Education Award : This award is given to nearly 137 recipients who promise to work full time in the Maryland Public School for at least one year. The award is for an amount of $200 to $17000.
- Maryland Chiefs of Police Association Scholarship : An award especially for the resident students of this state, who fall under the age group of 17 to 21. This award caters to students interested in law enforcement or criminal justice.
- Need Based Senatorial Scholarship : As the name suggests, this scholarship is given on the basis of financial needs to current high school students or full or part-time, degree seeking students. The grant amount may vary from $200 to $2000.
- Guaranteed Access Grant : In order to be eligible for this grant, you either need to be a high school student with a GPA of 2.5 or higher or should have enrolled in to a 2 or 4 year college or university. The grant caters to almost 1000 undergraduate students with a grant amount of $400 to $13800.
- J.F. Tolbert Memorial Student Grant Program : Awarded to nearly 400 freshman or sophomore undergraduate students, this grants is for an amount of $400.
- College Bound Last Dollar Grant : A grant for $400 to $3000, awarded each year to nearly 90-250 undergraduate students.
For More Information visit : Grants by State