- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
Grant Information for Montana Colleges
If you are a resident of Montana, then you can't think of enrolling into a state college or university without thinking about the various grants and scholarships that you can qualify for. It is always a good idea to check out the various grants and scholarships to share your burden of enormous college expences. In order to help you find the best grants and scholarships, here is a complete list of various state-funded grants:
- Montana Governor's Postsecondary Scholarship: This is a merit as well as a need based scholarship eligible for Montana state residents, with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. However, the students need to have a completed FAFSA to avail this $1000 to $2000 grant award.
- Montana U.S. Senate Youth Program: This being an extremely prestigious scholarship is awarded to only about two students, each of whom receive $5000 as grant money. Primarily funded by the William Randolph Hearst Foundation, the grant requires the students to be either active members of student government organization or interested in pursuing a government related career.
- Non-Resident Freshman Achievement Award: An exclusive merit-based award bestowed on the out-of-state incoming freshmen, having an excellent academic record and reviewing a combined ACT and SAT score. This grant is for an amount of $7500 each year.
- Assistance for Native Americans: The Montana's Indian Fee Waiver provides tuition grants for individuals who can prove a Native American bloodline.
- Montana Higher Education Opportunity Grant: A grant money of $400 to $600 is awarded to nearly 800 undergraduate students enrolling into a Montana state college.
- Montana Space Grant Scholarship Program: Undergraduate students of Montana, majoring in aerospace sciences and engineering, are eligible for this grant which awards up to $1000 to nearly 15-20 students each year.