- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
Here is a list of a few of these:
- Campbell Music Scholarships : This scholarship facility is exclusively for the students seeking admission in Whitman College, at the same time demonstrating an outstanding musical talent. The best part about this scholarship is that, it not only offers upto $500 to $2000 per year to the students, but it also extends monetary support in the form of other scholarships and loans. The key attraction of this scholarship is that it provides the students with an opportunity to receive additional lesson scholarships on their respective instruments.
- Higley Music Scholarship : Being one of the most prestigious award administered by the Whitman College, this scholarship caters to only a few selected students demonstrating exceptional musical talents. The scholarship not only provides a sum of $7,000 to students but, also offers additional lessons to the selected few. In order to demonstrate their respective talents, the students are required to perform in the appropriate Whitman ensemble.
- American Berlin Opera Foundation : This age old foundation has for long been holding an annual scholarship competition. This is typically for the American singers in the age group of 18 to 30, who plan to make a career in music, to study at the Deutsche Oper Berlin in Germany. Apart from a round-trip flight to Berlin, the students are also provided a stipend of $15,000. There is also a chance for the students to receive an honorarium through different roles in Deutsche Oper productions.
- American Foundation for the Blind : Students who are visually impaired or are legally blind but have all the required musical ability can very well apply for this scholarship which covers for their graduate or post-secondary education. Under this specific program, nearly five scholarships are offered to students, including the prestigious R.L. Gilette Scholarship, which is given for literature or music study.
- Asian Cultural Council : This is basically a scholarship program to support the cultural exchange between Asia and United States in the field of performing and visual arts. This is a brilliant opportunity for the artists and scholars from Asia to study and research in the United States through individual fellowship grants. This scholarship facility is also open for the American students seeking financial aids to undertake activities in Asia.