- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
Grant Information for New York Colleges
In spite of the fact that New York is considered to be one of the most economically well to do states of US, it's equally large population makes it difficult for the residents and out-of-state students to fit the college expences into their tight budgets.
This is reason enough why most of the residents of this state, applying for higher education, are on the search for grants or scholarships to share their financial burden. One of the biggest administrators of state-funded grants and scholarships in this state is the New York Higher Education Services Corporation. A few others include:
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): Offering a large sum of nearly $5000, this program is supposedly one of the largest need-based grants catering to both part as well as full-time students.
- New York State Scholarships: Being a merit based award, this grant is administered for Academic Excellence, to students scoring high in state exams and having a high GPA. The grant amount is $1500 per year.
- New York State World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship: This grant is a sign of gratitude for the students who lost or got wounded their parents or guardians in the 9/11 attacks.
- Veterans Tuition Awards Grant: As the name suggests, this grant is for the veterans willing to attend a state college, university, technical or vocational college. According to this grant, an amount of $1000 is awarded to students per semester.
- Aid for Part-Time Studies: Non-traditional students, with child dependents earning no more than $50,000 per year, are eligible to apply for this grant offering up to $2000 per academic year.
- Women's Architectural Auxiliary Eleanor Allwork Scholarships Grants: This $2500 to $7500 award is a very selective kind of grant awarded to only about three graduate or undergraduate students, majoring in Architecture.
For More Information visit : Grants by State