- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
Grant Information for North Carolina Colleges
North Carolina, which constitutes one of the ten most populous states of US, is popularly known for its farming and textile industries. However, in spite of wide career prospects for residents in these industries, there are several of them who wish to raise their academic standards by enrolling into colleges for higher education.
Considering the academic interests of the residents of North Carolina as well as of out-of-state students who wish to attend North Carolina colleges, this state has facility to offer a variety of grants and scholarships to the needy students like:
- North Carolina Student Incentive Grant: Students interested in enrolling into a full time study program with a comparitively low income, can apply for this $700 grant, offered by the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority.
- State Employees Association of North Carolina Scholarship: This is a very special kind of grant of $500 and $1000, for which not only the employees, but even their children and spouses can apply. This grant offers financial benifits for enrolling into a technical or trade school or a 4-year university.
- State Employees Credit Union Foundation People Helping People Scholarship: An extremely benificial scholarship, this offers a sum of nearly $10,000 to individuals and their families, over a period of 8 semesters.
- Golden LEAF Scholars Program: Under this grant, one can receive grants up to $750 per semester for a 2-year program and up to $3000 for a 4-year program. The grant proves especially helpful for state residents of rural areas of North Carolina.
- University of North Carolina Need Based Grant: Awarded in varied amounts to numerous undergraduate students each year.
- North Carolina Community College Grant Program: This grant extends about $683 as financial help to nearly 13000 community college undergraduate students each year.
For More Information visit : Grants by State