- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
Grant Information for Pennsylvania Colleges
Pennsylvania is known for several of its old and prestigious educational institutes for higher learning. However, as against the bygone days, recently there has been an immense increase in the expences for enrolling into these colleges. As a result of this, the state experiences large number of students opting out of these colleges.
aking this into consideration, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency started providing need and merit based grants to full as well as part-time undergraduates requiring financial assistance. These grants and scholarships are as follows:
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives Scholarship Program: Under this program, two different scholarships are awarded to students to assist in payment for tuition. In order to be eligible for this grant, students should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and should have interests in extracurricular activities. The best part is that the grant can be renewed for up to 4 years.
- Kids Chance of Pennsylvania Fund: This need based fund has been created by the Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Act, for students in the age of 16-25, who have had their parents seriously injured or killed in a work related accident.
- Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers: This society sponsors five $1000 scholarships exclusively for the first year engineering students. Some important pre-requirements for this grant are that the students should have a minimum GPA of 3.6 or higher and should have their SAT and Math and Verbal scores of 700 and 600 respectively.
- Pennsylvania State Grants: Awarded to nearly 1,51,000 undergraduate students each year for a sum of $300 to $3300.
- Postsecondary Education Gratuity Program: Numerous undergraduate students attending Pennsylvania college are awarded this grant annually.
For More Information visit : Grants by State