- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
Cheap College Textbooks
Here are some tips for you to save on your expenditure on college textbooks:
- Try Online Shopping - There are a whole lot of websites like, Amazon, eBay and many more you can check, to find out the best deals on college textbooks. You may actually end up buying the latest books in half the market price.
- Free Downloads - : You can get a complete array of ebooks on the internet, that you can possibly download for free. This increases your span of options a fair bit, so that you can download only the pages that you feel are important for your course.
- Look Out For Older Versions of The Book - Its a good practice to compare the older versions of books with the new one's, as most of the times the change in book content might be so minor that you may not require to buy the new version at all.
- Check Out The College or State Library - Most of the state or college libraries have a completely seperate set of textbooks for students to use for free. Although it is a good way to make use of this facility for quick referencing, when it comes to long time use, this may falter and you may not find the book when you most need it.
- Try Using Other Mediums of Studying - Apart from learning through the regular textbooks, you may try using the ebooks, audios or videos as effective learning tools. There are also options available on the net for you to learn through slide share, which is a cheap and convinient way of learning.
- Share The Expence - One of the most common methods of avoiding buying an expensive book is through sharing. Its a good way to buy an expensive book through contribution and then share it with each other so that no single person is burdened with the complete expence.
- Rent a Book - : If you feel you do not require to actually buy a book and can manage with just a read through it, you may rent a book from someone who already has it instead of buying it yourself.