- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
Grant Information for Texas Colleges
Being one of the largest states in the country, Texas has more colleges and universities than any other US state. Consequently, it is also one of the largest sponsor's of education grants and scholarships. This is quite a reason for Texas to have more of educationally inclined students.
Texas serves not only the in-state but also the out-of-state students through these grants and scholarships. These financial aids are either need-based or merit-based depending upon the requirement of the students. Listed below are some of the important grants that the state offers:
- Early High School Graduation Scholarship: This is one of the merit based scholarships awarded to only those students who have completed their 9th to 12th grade curricula in no more than 36 months. There is also an opportunity for the students to grab a $1000 scholarship if they can meet the criteria before the cutoff date.
- Education and Training Vouchers for Youth Aging Out of Foster Care: This grant facility is quite beneficial for people in the age of 16 and 23, who have been a foster child leaving the custody of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. If you wish to enroll into a 2 or 4 year course in a public or private college, you may avail a $5000 voucher per year.
- Texas Educational Opportunity Grant Program: This grant is for students who do not hold any kind of degree but wish to attend a 2-year course in a public college of Texas.
- Lyndon Baines Johnson Foundation Grants-in-Aid Research: Awarded to various number of graduate and undergraduate students each year, this grant is for an amount of $500 to $2000.
- Toward Excellence, Access and Success(Texas Grant): A $1552 to $4392 grant award for various graduate and undergraduate students, attending Texas colleges.
- Tuition Equalization Grant(TEG) Program: This grant can be availed by several graduate and undergraduate students attending Texas colleges or university. The grant is for an amount of $3444.
For More Information visit : Grants by State