- Student Finances
- Student Loans
- Specialty Scholarships
Grant Information for Virginia Colleges
Before you can think of enrolling into one of the Virginia state college or university, it may be advisable to check out the different grants and scholarships that the state as well as private organizations sponsor. Most of these grants do not require to be paid back and so you can have an opportunity to cut down on your college expences.
- Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant: This grant most importantly requires you to be a bona-fide resident of the state and not a resident just for the purpose of studying in one of the state colleges. Under this grant facility, nearly $11,000 is awarded to the students over a period of 4 years.
- Virginia Commonwealth Award Program: This is typically a need based grant facility and offers grant money to various graduate and undergraduate students totally depending upon their extent of financial requirements. In order to be eligible for this grant, one needs to be a state resident attending at least 2 or 4-year public college or university.
- Granville P.Meade Scholarship: As against the other grants and scholarships, this is a rare one in that it is both need as well as merit based. The high school senior to whom the award is administered needs to have a good academic record, inclination towards extracurricular activities and show accute financial distress.
- Bernice Pickins Parsons Fund: Awarded to only 10 West Virginia undergraduate students each year, the grant amount is for $500.
- West Virginia Space Grant Consortium Undergraduate Scholarship Program: Undergraduate students attending West Virginia college and majoring in aerospace science can qualify for this $1000 to $2000 award.
For More Information visit : Grants by State